Tuesday 1 April 2008

Latest News from Darkest East Anglia




Spring has finally come to Norfolk. Yesterday I spent the day basking in the sun at Hunstanton with a friend. Had my first ice cream of the season, something to really celebrate. Its about time! This time last week, we were knee deep in snow. We are now in British Summer Time (BST), which helps, although the clocks going forward has really messed up my biological clock, as usual. Still, the daffs are out, the delphiniums are coming up, the clematis has buds on it, and all is right with the world. Well, it would be if there wasn't a war on, and our landlord wasn't selling our house, neither of which, it seems, can be helped. Movement is happening on the latter count, at least, so watch this space.

In the meantime, I am launching into solid work on my new novel, 'The Eighth', as well as trying to get 'The Seventh' published, or at least to find an agent for it. Pat and I spent Sunday evening holed up in the Lord Nelson at Southwold, churning over ideas for our work, and trying to come up with a solution to my 'Terminator' problem for the 8th. A few interesting questions came up, my favorite of which is:

Do angels have appendixes?

Think about it....

Well, for tomorrow I am still 'confined to barracks', recovering from my trotting about in the sun, so hopefully I will feel better again after a rest, and be able to get down to planning the first draft properly.

Happy Spring, luv Bex

No comments:

Post a Comment