Friday 5 November 2010

Aldeburgh

The beach at Aldeburgh makes a high rampart between the sea and the town.
Pat and I had a mini holiday in Aldeburgh in Suffolk, enjoying time by the sea on a fabulous blustery day.

Pat creeping up on herring gulls...
It was so relaxing!  Pat has been working so hard lately, pretty much seven days a week, and he really needed to stop.  So we did!  It was so liberating to realise that we didn't have to be anywhere by a certain time, that we could just potter about and take as long over anything and everything as we wanted.

I even made the decision not to take dozens of photographs.  This is because usually I am so involved in taking pics and fiddling with my camera that I forget to just be there, actually look at what is around me, and enjoy the place.  We walked around the town, amongst all those pretty little buildings, and I could appreciate them there and then, rather than trying to take good shots that I could look at later to remember what I'd seen.  Better to actually see it while you are there! (And there is a BIG difference between looking and seeing!)


And as you can see from this picture, the rest did us both good - we look so mellow, don't we?

Incidentally, I've worked out how to upload photos onto Blogger again, but it takes forever - I read three chapters of a book while waiting for these to upload.  Maybe its my laptop, or just our rural broadband speed, but its a whole lot of hard work....


1 comment:

  1. I really like the photo of you two; you do look really mellow :) Just what you needed after all the family stuff I would have thought :)

    ReplyDelete