Thursday 2 December 2010

Behind

Regular readers will have noticed a distinct dearth in activity here lately.  Well, first, I went on the writers retreat.  Great.  Got really focussed on the novel, felt like I had made real progress.  Then I went down with a nasty cold.  Fuzzy head.  Couldn't think straight.  And then, joy of joys, it started to snow.  Resulting stress of 'are we going to be able to get the car off the estate because the track is snowed up?' Answer - we didn't.  Then, when I was walking up the track to see if it was safe to get the car out to go to the dentist on Monday, I fell.  Result: severely bruised lower back and tailbone.  I would never have believed how painful a bruised coccyx can be. Kudos to my mother for living with similar damage (tho worse) resulting from my birth!  Sitting down is uncomfortable, and liberal application of cushions doesn't help.  Im telling yout his because :

a) I want you to be careful when you are walking on these snowy surfaces - I was well prepared, had shoes with a thick tread on, but it still happened to me.

b) I want to apologise for not posting dazzling photographs of our idyllic country cottage in the snow.  Let me tell you, the country is NOT idyllic in this weather.  Its bloody hard work.

c) I want to make excuses, albeit good excuses, for not having written anything since I got back from the retreat. Mea culpa, mea maxima culpa.

And now I am going to have to end here, because I can't sit down any longer! Take care on those icy pavements, people, and I promise I'll write again when I can adhere my posterior to a chair for longer than about 5 minutes! 

1 comment:

  1. Ouch! I really hope you get better soon!

    ReplyDelete