- Next time you brush your teeth, stop and think about how it would feel not to have the strength to hold the toothbrush against your teeth and move it backwards and forwards.
- Sit in a chair and rest your feet flat on the floor. Someone with ME may experience piercing pain or burning sensations in their feet and legs, just from doing this.
- Fixing your hair? How about if you didn't have the strength to hold the hairdryer up for long enough to dry each brushful.
- Chatting on the phone? Think how inconvenient it would be to have to lie down for an hour after each casual phone conversation.
- That shower you took this morning? Imagine that meant you'd have to lie down for the rest of the day because you'd used up all your energy doing it.
- Trotting up a flight of stairs? Nope, can't do that. How would you organise your life if you couldn't climb up stairs. Imagine trying to go shopping with just that constraint alone.