Tuesday 13 April 2010

Boiling....

Five things that make my blood boil:

  1. Margaret Thatcher.  'Nuff said.
  2. Members of the 'Middle Lane Owners Club'.  You know them.  They sit in the middle lane of the motorway doing 60 mph for 80 miles, when the first lane is completely empty, and the fast lane is solid with people trying to overtake them.  And there is a 10 mile tailback behind them of people, usually you and me, waiting to get round.  Closely affiliated with the '30 Mile an Hour Club'.  They are the people that go everywhere at 30 mph NO MATTER WHAT THE SPEED LIMIT IS.  Don't get me wrong.  I strongly believe that speed limits and speed cameras save lives.  But don't hold up the traffic either!
  3. Tickling.  Its out of order and abusive, people.  Don't do it.
  4. Anyone who tries to force prehistoric views about birth control and abortion on women.  No one has the right to tell a woman what to do with her body.  Especially if they are a man following a vow of chastity. (Jesus, I'm looking at YOU!)
  5. People who are certain about anything.  This has got me into trouble before, but I believe in shifting meaning and reality due to individual and societal perception.  The only thing I am absolutely certain about is that there is only one way to chop an onion. *Email me for details....
Okay, I admit it,  limiting it to five is almost impossible, especially during election season, but its a taster.

POSTSCRIPT
I went away and thought about number 5 and, although I absolutely hate dogmatism and bigotry of all kinds, religious, political or otherwise, there is one thing I hate even more.  Apart from Norman Tebbit, that is. So the amended version would have to read:

      5. Peacocks.

No comments:

Post a Comment