Monday 15 March 2010

Mole

The mole traps didn't work.  Or rather, I can't be arsed to get the knack of using them, and I don't especially want to have to dig up limp, furry little bodies every morning.

So the moles have had a nasty, smelly surprise today.  Firelighters.  A friend told me that they really don't like the smell.  Its a sure-fire way to persuade them to dig elsewhere.  So I spent part of this afternoon cutting up a big block of smelly firelighters and stuffing them down mole holes.

One of two things will happen:

1) The moles will just dig more runs.  In which case my lawn will look even more disgusting than it does already.

2) It might actually work.  In which case the moles will retreat to my poor neighbour's garden.  Where we will repeat the exercise, and try to get them to move again, into the woods, where they will leave us in peace, and vice versa.

I am not, however, hopeful.  Farmland by its very nature invites moles.  But if anybody knows the number of a good mole-wrangler in the Bungay area, I may be able to put a few furries his way.  In the meantime, at least I got a fun little drawing out of it!

No comments:

Post a Comment