Wednesday 3 March 2010

Notebook

The other day I was rooting around and I found the notebook I write memorable quotes in.  (I've been looking for it since we moved!)  Choice being such an important element of my new Quantum Level Recovery programme, I was struck by this wonderful quote from Victor Frankl, the noted psychiatrist and survivor of the Nazi death camps:

"We who lived in the concentration camps can remember the men who walked through the huts comforting others, giving away their last piece of bread.  They might have been few in number, but they offer sufficient proof that everything can be taken from a man but one thing: the last of the human freedoms - to choose one's attitude in any given set of circumstances, to choose one's own way."

I'm not saying my situation is anything like what Frankl lived through.  But what this quote brings home to me is the importance of choosing how I react.  By making my own choice, I take my power back.  And that power feeds more positive choices.

No comments:

Post a Comment