Monday 19 July 2010

Happy

The garden at Charleston, Sussex, a place that makes me very happy.

I was looking at a great website today called the Happiness Project, basically because I am feeling stressed, and I came across this quote:

"To live in perpetual want of little things is a state, not indeed of torture, but of constant vexation."  Samuel Johnson.

So I thought about the little things that make me happy:

  • the sound of rain on the roof
  • the way Pat makes me laugh (His excuse this morning for stealing all the duvet in the night was that it wasn't him, it was the Duvet Troll.  Well, it was funny at the time...)
  • cake
  • pink peonies
  • giving myself a pedicure, and the resulting painted toenails (bright red today)
  • the sea
  • Terry Pratchett's books
  • our huge, comfy bed.
There are lots of other things too, but these are just the ones that come to mind.  What is making you happy today?

No comments:

Post a Comment